Possible for your dentist to replace or repair a damaged or decayed tooth with a dental crown if your tooth is damaged or decayed. Dental crowns are versatile restorations that can improve both the function and aesthetics of your teeth. Dental crowns are essentially caps that cover individual teeth to restore their shape, size, strength, and appearance. They are custom-made to fit over your existing tooth structure like a protective helmet. The crown material can be made from various options such as porcelain, ceramic or metal alloys. Here’s how dental crowns treatment can benefit both your smile and oral health:
- Restoring Functionality: If you have a cracked or damaged tooth due to injury or decay that cannot be repaired by filling alone then a dental crown is used in such cases. Crowning helps restore the functionality of these weakened teeth without having them extracted.
- Protecting Teeth: Dental crowns not only strengthen weak teeth but also protect them from further damage by creating a barrier against harmful bacteria-causing cavities. This dental fillings in Houston, TX is particularly helpful when dealing with molars that need more chewing force than any other type of tooth.
- Improving Appearance: A chipped or discoloured front tooth can ruin an otherwise perfect smile but using cosmetic dental techniques like veneers isn’t always practical depending on the extent of damage. This makes dental crown restorations an excellent choice because they blend seamlessly into surrounding natural dentition offering aesthetic benefits along with functional ones.
- Correcting Misaligned Teeth: In some cases, where braces aren’t feasible due to budget constraints or time limitations…dental-crown procedure could help fix misaligned teeth by altering their shape so that they look straighter within the mouth line.
- Prevents Tooth Sensitivity: Exposed roots often lead to sensitivity but placing a cap above it prevents exposure resulting in no more sensitivity issues.
To ensure success after receiving dental crown treatment there are a few guidelines one must follow:
- Proper hygiene routine including brushing twice daily.
- Six-monthly dental check-ups.
- Avoid hard foods and sticky candies for the first couple weeks’ post-procedure.
- Follow instructions given by the dentist carefully regarding care after placement (including avoiding certain types of food/drinks)
Dental Crown Treatment offers many benefits beyond just improving aesthetics it provides functional restoration too. With proper care & attention post-treatment patients will enjoy long-lasting results while maintaining optimal oral health.