Dental issues are a crucial but ignored aspect of our lives. People have little knowledge about them. This article covers one of these issues, dental implants, and their process and costings in Lake Jackson.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are for you if you are missing a tooth or looking to replace one. They are artificial teeth roots and can surgically restore your teeth. They are a long-term option. Short-term solutions include dental bridges and dentures.
If you want to replace rows of teeth, you can look into two more options: all on 4 and implant-supported dentures. All on 4 are permanent options with which a bridge and implants restore a complete set of upper or lower teeth. In contrast, you can remove implant-supported dentures.
Here are some key points about the process of getting an implant.
- You will have two appointments. During the first, the doctor places implant posts into your jawbone in less than an hour. It requires healing which can then last for 3 to 6 months. Upon this, the next appointment will schedule to replace the protective cap with a permanent crown.
- It is preferable to get an implant soon for a missing tooth because of the receding nature of the jawbone. Having enough tissue to support the implant posts is necessary. A dentist might also prefer a bone graft or sinus lift procedure to help with the receded jawline.
Having a trusted and experienced doctor will help you get through the entire process with care and in a zero-stress way.
Factors Affecting Costs
Some of the factors that help determine the cost of implants for you are:
- Number of implants: The more implants, the more cost will be affected the same way. Even if you do not have to restore all teeth, you must have enough implants to support your restorations.
- Type of restoration: Depending on your missing teeth, there are options for a dental crown, dental bridge, or implant-supported dentures. The price increases from the former to the latter.
- Preparations: If your teeth have additional issues, such as cavities or receding jawline. Your treatment costs will be affected.
- Surgeon: The overall cost, of course, depends upon the doctor, location, and quality of the treatment.
Thus, you now have a brief insight into dental implants, from their meaning to their process. You can now have more confidence with your dentist visit at https://www.allsmilesdentist.com/dental-implants-lake-jackson/.